In addition to being behind on blogging I may also be behind on school work. Well not necessarily behind but more overwhelmed than anything else. I’m currently working on my first ever Group Lit Review and Presentation, which is proofing to be confusing and time-consuming, did I mention the paper and presentation are due in one week? Oh well…I’ve jot got to keep trucking toward the end of the semester!
Before next weekend begins it’d probably be nice of me to catch you up on last weekend!
I also wanted to share a recipe I made last Friday and enjoyed through the whole weekend!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small zucchini, grated ( you want it to measure approximately 2 cups of grated zucchini)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips( or other chocolate of your choice!) I used Dark Chocolate Hershey’s Pieces!
- 1 1/2-2 cups walnuts, chopped (or other nut of your choice!)
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with Parchment paper.
- Next, cream your butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Then, add the egg, flour, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt into the butter mixture. I’d recommend using a mixer because the dough is very hard at this point.
- Stir in the zucchini by hand, you’ll noticed the dough start to moisten up thanks to the zucchini.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate.
- Drop by dough by the teaspoonful onto the cookie sheet with about two inches between each cookie.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes, watch them carefully!
- Let stand to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove and place on wire racks to allow to cook completely.
- This recipe makes a lot but is easily halved to make 4 dozen instead of 8! I found that it they were easy to giveaway! and also to eat yourself!
Questions for You!
How do you feel about group work? I usually dread it but it seems to be going well so far:)
Have you ever had stuffed french toast? If not what is your favorite sweet breakfast food? We all know I’m a big pancake girl but it’s fun to branch out!
Do you make baked good with vegetables? I find that they’re my favorite! Zucchini bread, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and carrot cake are three of my absolute favorite goodies!