What are your goals for the next 30 days?
In the next thirty days…
I am going to improve my blogging skills.
- New pages, ex. my favorite blogs
- Organize previous posts into categories
- Keeping blogging daily…it is called your daily grace after all.
- Post one new sweet recipe per week.
- Post one new savory recipe per week.
- Personalize my layout a bit…maybe.
Transform myself from a ‘marshmallow runner’ into a fully fit running machine. (This will start in the next 30 days, not be accomplished in 30 days)
- Run 3 times, two days a week. Continue with intervals, they’re working!
- Run 5 miles, one day a week. Until I have another race to train for, of course!
- Crosstrain! Elliptical, bike, swim, weights, and strength building workouts on my other days!
- Do one short yoga routine daily!
- I’ll give myself one day off a week, if I feel like I need it!
Catch up with my New Year’s Resolutions.
- Figure out a way to budget my crazy self!
- Go back to learning the guitar, playing one time in 2 months doesn’t as count as learning!
Concentrate more on school.
- Actually look at my calendar to see when things are due, so I’m not massively behind on work, like I am right now.
- Go to class, where I should have been tonight.
- Actually do my assigned readings. Why exactly do textbooks have to be so boring?
- Freshen up my resume for intern pursuit (1 month away!) and create my first portfolio(scary)!
Make some life decisions.
- Do I pick up a minor in hospitality management even if I have to graduate in Summer 2012 instead of Spring?
- Should I shell out the money for the Columbia Muddy Buddy at Disney?
- Will I have the courage to sign up for my first sprint tri? I am so afraid of the swimming thing…and people teasing my bike
- Am I going to sign up for the 2012 Disney Marathon? Registration opens March 15!
Lastly…in the next 30 days I am going to love my life and embrace every crazy, busy, frustrating, wonderful moment of it!
Which is precisely what I did today! I woke up at 6:30, a little later than planned, and baked 1 savory recipe and 1 sweet recipe, that is of course if you constitute making boxed muffin mix as baking. My gramma and her friend Lenore were coming over to see my apartment and spend the day in Orlando. Gramma hinted that I, “might want to make something for us to nibble on with coffee,” before we went shopping. I got the hint Gramma! and I think I came through with a delicious breakfast!
Here’s the recipes!
Asparagus and Shallot Quiche
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought, haven’t been brave enough to make one yet!
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1/2 lb. of asparagus, sliced on a diagonal
- Olive Oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, I used part skim mozzarella
- fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, to your taste
- dash of nutmeg
1. Place crust in a 8 in. pie or tart pan, poke crust with fork, and bake at 425 for 8 minutes. Warning: If you bake it in a 9 in. pie pan and forget to poke it your crust will be ugly, like mine. Reduce your oven temp. to 325 degrees.
2. Heat a small amount of olive oil over medium heat, add asparagus and shallots, saute for 5 to 6 minutes until asparagus is slightly tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl beat the eggs and egg whites.
4.Whisk in the milk, sour cream, and spices.
5. Spread the asparagus and shallots out onto the pie crust, sprinkle cheese onto, and pour the egg mixture on top.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remember to let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before serving. A.k.a. resist devouring it as soon as it comes out of the oven, I had to since my compnay was here yet but I was starving so it was difficult. They basically walked in the door and I was like, “Ready to eat?!”
Enjoy! It is seriously delicious and I’ve also made it with mushrooms, next time I’m thinking mushrooms and asparagus together!
Now onto my muffin recipe…
But seriously. If you don’t completely scoff at things like muffin mixes, they were but one get one free at Publix how could I pass that up, you may find this is the best boxed muffins you’ve ever had, they were incredibly moist and flavorful. The mix actually came with a little can of cranberries and orange rind. And the muffins didn’t need the butter, it was leftover in my fridge and I like an excuse to put it on any and every form of carb.
We spent 2 and a half hours in Old Time Pottery, and got through about a 1/4 of the store. This place is like a black hole. It sucks you in and there is no escaping. My gramma, who could basically be a professional shopper, would have spent another two hours there if we weren’t shopping with a time constraint.
We had a nice lunch at Panera in Winter Park, can I please live there preferably off of park avenue.
After lunch I sadly had to run back to school for class but not before making a quick trip to Peterbrooke, my 1st time, to
buy chocolate covered popcorn and shortbread drop off promotional stuff for Festival of Chocolate from the Science Center.
When my 1st class was over I promptly decided to ditch my next one but when I got home I was feeling super lonely, after having had such a fun and conversation filled day my empty apartment felt so quiet. I can’t wait to entertain again! Especially if my guests are as awesome as Gramma and Lenore, who both brought me presents! Who doesn’t love presents?
There’s for sure something wrong with me in this picture, oh right I’m all hyped up on chocolate popcorn, crack might be the secret ingredient, and it’s now two and a half hours passed my bed time.
Questions for You!
What are some of your current goals?
Do you have any advice for some of my goals?
Do you like ‘entertaining’? I LOVE it!
What do you order at Panera? and have you ever had fresh chocolate covered popcorn?