Today is Day 27 of The 30 Day Challenge and yesterday I was given the 7 Facts Blog Award!
If you’re wondering what the heck that is…it’s a little similar to my 30 Day Challenge except a fellow blogger passes it onto you and then you pass it along to 7 more bloggers, like chain mail but not annoying! Here’s the details:
- Link the person who awarded you – Thank you! Michelle at Living, Learning, and Earning!
- Post 7 random facts about yourself
- Pass the award along to 7 other bloggers
Call me a cheater if you wish but I am going to use my first ‘random’ fact to fulfill todays’ challenge question. The remainder of my random facts will be courtesy of photos from iPhone this week, it might get a little food centered, it happens!
1. A problem that you have had. I know it says had, as in past tense, but I’m going to tell you a problem that I have because I’ve had it for a very long time. This may TMI for some of you but if you really want to know me and “my daily” life you would need to know that I have some form of OCD. I know I have joked about it in past posts but in all seriousness I do. Here is definition of OCD that I found that might make it easier to understand than the True Life episodes you’ve seen on MTV.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions).
Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts, but this only provides temporary relief. Not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety.
Most of my OCD is centered around control. If I am in a situation where I feel very out of control of what is happening to me it often causes panic attacks. I am not heavy on physical compulsion, besides the use of hand sanitizer, for me my compulsions are the thoughts themselves which create a vicious circle. My main anxiety is a fear of being vomiting, gross right, but I connect that with a loss of control. I also struggle with controlling my eating habits and schedule, when I let them get out of control I have a lot of guilt and anxiety over it. Another fear I recently realized to be OCD related is some sort of tornado complex I must have. I often dream about tornadoes, I am always in a situation where I can see it coming and am struggling to get away from it. I was in the car the other day driving through a nasty storm and the wind kicked up all of the sudden, I had what I think may have been one of the biggest panic attacks I’ve ever had because I honestly thought I was about to be in a tornado. I am really trying to control my OCD by seeing a counselor, it’s not terrible but it’d be nice if it wasn’t there at all! There you have it, when I say I’m crazy I’m not kidding!
2. My favorite Girl Scout cookies are Caramel Delights! I was running into Publix on Wednesday night all sweaty and probably smelly after running 5 miles and FINALLY saw some girl scouts! I acted so excited I think I might have scared them.
3. I’m currently on Operation Organize. I’ve been sort of slacking on this like cleaning, homework, other necessary life things. Yesterday I did some major cleaning damage! Too bad I can’t say the same on the homework front!
4. My newest meal obsession is centered around Trader Joe’s Soyaki.
5. I’m a really big dork, proven by what I did last night. In case you don’t follow me on Twitter, which you should, here is what I tweeted last night:
Questions for You?